Monday, May 3, 2010

Welcome

I've been blogging about politics and whatever else comes to mind for about five years now. Frankly, much of the time it's pretty goddamn depressing. I don't want to get too snarky, because people won't take the message seriously. (Not that many are taking it either way.) The nice thing about sports is, the only people who (should) really take it seriously are those actually playing the games. Those fans who paint their bodies and have team logo tattoos or spend the rent money on Super Bowl tickets deserve all the snark they get. So let's have some fun.

I grew up near Pittsburgh as a Pirates, Steelers, and Penguins fan. I've been gone longer than I was there. But there's something about the Burgh and its sports teams that never leaves you. I still follow them closer than what are now my local teams, often treating the locals with disdain when I feel they've earned it. (Calling Washington Capitals fans "front-running bandwagon jumpers" can safely be described as disdain.) Other sports topics will sometimes require dissection; I'm game for that, too.

Feel free to comment at will; if we can't argue about sports and still be friends, what the hell are we going to argue about?

No comments: